Hi, I'm Gwen Bell. Right now I live in North Carolina, America.
I'm a member of the Secure Scuttlebutt Consortium and care about decentralized, secure alternatives to mainstream technologies that are part of our daily lives.
- 4 Years - Linux | Can install Arch Linux on your box in give or take an hour
- 4 Years - Version control with Git
- 4 Years - Node.js
- 3 Years - Server work (systemd)
- 3 Years - CJDNS
- 4 Years - Bitcoin/cryptocurrencies
- 9 Years - HTML, CSS
- 2 Years - Markdown & Hyperscript
I build the current iteration of this site with Node.js, Metalsmith. I'm working on an open source publishing platform I call Plank. Formerly, I built with Haskell/Hakyll; before that, home-made Bitters(Node.js). Prior, Wordpress & Squarespace.
- 4 Year university degree earned at UNC
- 1 Year university abroad spent at UEA -- lived for a year in one of the ziggurats, Norfolk Terrace -- can't say I'd recommend that
- Self-taught: Spanish & Japanese languages
- Other: yoga teacher certification, started first business in Japan -- yoga studio, featured in Yogini Magazine
I'm calling 2017 Year of the Engineer. I invite you to listen in, contribute on sbot or start your own engineering year projects. Let me know if you do.