June 7th 2017
I migrated to a new VPS. The one I was using was sluggish. The new one is based in NYC and has ping times in the 20 to 30 millisecond range. Compared to 50+ ping times on the other VPS, this one is better.
To move to the new VPS I had to do the Arch install by hand. The great news is there's a git committed codebase that makes it fast and easy. If you decide to give it a go, follow the instructions with care and the creator said it more than once but I'll say it again here: it destroys everything. Including your ssh keys. When you create a new password make it better than the one I did during the transition: I fell asleep having not changed it and in the morning Digital Ocean sent a notification letting me know they'd powered it off because it appeared to have been taken over. I started from scratch again yesterday -- better password and I'll turn password auth off altogether today.
The other migration was local. I've been using terminology for years, and maybe it was xorg, but whatever the case, a sway upgrade has done the trick. I'd tested sway out while in Mexico City. It has worked its quirks out.
A final migration note from the past few days: moved cucumber plants out of sandy dirt into fresh dirt (not MiraclGro -- bought a bag of that on accident earlier this year; never again). These cukes sprouted when my grandfather was still alive. He detested cucumbers so I told him: there's good news and bad news. The bad news was he won't eat 'em anyway. The good news is: I've been able to get cucumbers to sprout for the first time.
My living sitch is in flux so a few people have offered to give the cucumbers a chance to make it in their gardens. I'll give the cucumbers away this week so they can have room to spread out and grow.
Good migrations all around.